4,5 buddy read stars
This was a buddy read with Raven @dreamyaddiction and Jen @starcrossedbookblog. We had all read the Red Winter series by Annette Marie and had such a blast that when one proposed this new series to read along, we all jumped into it!
Once again Annette Marie’s magic worked! I simply did not want to stop reading even when I knew I had buddies to read with me LOL.
This story is fast paced, never a dull moment and holds all the ingredients that I love to gobble it up:
- A magical world filled with Daemons and Haemons (half humans half demons) and humans (at the bottom of the food chain);
- A courageous heroine without magic who had to compensate learning tons of fighting techniques. But the rule is pacify and negotiate first, fight if all else fails. And it fails often!
- Two very hot dameons: one gorgeous Incubi Lyre and a mysterious and very, very powerful Draconian: Ash;
- A hunt to find “who did it” as in “who tried to steal the Sahar” to clean Pipper’s honor and avoid that she lands in prison with her two daemon friends;
- Hidden agenda and betrayals. With questions still unsolved at the end of book one (What did “he” have on Ash???);
- Lots of sexiness and hawt moments! I too would spring on some daemon and hold like a leech, sniffing skin and hair and …all hot and bothered! Damn pheromone and daemon magic!
- A fighting ring! I looooooove fighting rings in books! That’s bestial and reminds me of gladiators but I don’t care, it works every single time!
- Many heroics and saving lives involved
Onto the sequel now!!!
Have you read this series? Or any series by Annette marie?
Thanks for reading!