Hello readers! Thank you Sarah@btweenthepages.com for tagging me! Don’t hesitate to hop to her beautiful blog!
This tag has been created by Zuky the BookBum @bookbum.co.uk
It’s one of the first Tag I’m participating in. It has the huge bonus of not being too long and mixing books with music (I love music!).
I hope I’ll do it right with the pingbacks and all (newbie here)! So I just followed her instructions here below.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS…
- Link back to my (BookBum’s) original post, so I can see all your answers! (Remember to do this via pingback, I don’t get notified if you just tag my url)
- Thank the person(s) who tagged you… show some love!
- Come up with your answers
- Then tag others to keep the tag going!
PREMISE OF DESERT ISLAND DISCS…
You are cast away onto a remote island:
- You can bring 5 albums, what are they?
- You can bring ONE book (not including The Bible (or other appropriate religious texts) or The Complete Works of Shakespeare, as they are already provided and NO SERIES), what ONE book is it?
- You can have one luxury item (it has to be inanimate and can’t help you escape the island), what is it?
My five albums would be:
- Dark Horse by Nickelback .I’m a huuuge fan of this group, went to three of their shows so far. Their music is killer and Chad Kruger has a real deep and hoarsely voice. Gives me the chills every time!
- Minutes to Midnight by Linkin Park. I dream of seeing them onstage but they don’t come in my country or just for festivals. I own each and every album they wrote even if their last one (Hunting Party) was a desception (much noise but not so much melody, sorry guys). It was difficult to choose only one but I selected Minutes to Midnight.
- Always a rock chick, I chose Unleashed by Skillet. Again they are incredible on stage. I own three of their albums and the last one is just incredible. They’re classified as “christian rock” and I did not know such genre existed! That’s true God seems to inpsire their song and I found the idea of rock and God so incredibly cool. If you’re US just go listen to Lions. Very inspirational!
- I recently discovered Kaleo and their album A/B, incredible nordic group. It’s a mix between rock, soul, blues and some country music. Again the voice of their singer is like deep warm syrup. Just listen to Way Down We Go. You’ll melt on the spot.
- Now I did not want to forget women and I chose Alex’s Hepburn Together Alone CD. She has a deep and hoarsely voice. The epitome of blues and jazz. She is incredible onstage too and owns her public in her velvety voice. Just listen to Under!
My one and only book would be:
Making Faces by Amy Harmon. It’s my best of the bests books and so gorgeous, inspirational, graceful, thoughtful…I never have enough words to express my deep love and admiration for this book and her writer. That’s why it’s under “My Gems” category as well as “5 stars and more” and “Best Adult”.
Now my luxury object would not really be an object but my dog, Bella!
She is like a fluffy teddy bear. So kind and playful. She gives the best cuddles!
Now I nominate: