For today’s discussion I wanted something funny and I was thinking about how “non readers” must see us, readers in all our glory!
Yes we have odd quirks to people who don’t read anything else than the newspaper and maybe we should come with a “Warning” if some intend to date or marry us! It’s a kind of “take it or leave it” I think!
So what should non readers know about us?
They should know that:
1) There is no such things as too many books! Just be prepared to build us more shelves. And add another room to the house!
2) Characters are real and book boyfriends are the bests. Don’t try to argue or compete it’s a lost battle.
3) My favorite activity on a Friday or Saturday night is not being the queen of the dancefloor nor getting drunk in a pub it’s reading.
4) Of course I am crying! The hero just died!
5) When I say “just one more chapter” what I mean is I’ll stop when the whole book is finished!
6) No when I read alone at lunch I am not being coy nor a damzel waiting to be entertained, I just want to read alone!
7) No Wingardium Leviosa is not some Romanian estranged great grand aunt’s name! It’s a levitation spell!
8) Of course I need that padded rectangular piece of fabric in my handbag! It’s a book sleeve to protect my baby from being hurt!
9) No I am not sad or drunk, I just suffer from a sever book hangover.
Now do tell me, do you have things you’d like to add? Some things your future date or husband should know before trying to date or live with you?
Thanks for reading!