Mini Audiobook Review
This was a “followers made me do it” kind of book! I asked not so long ago on Facebook what series I should try and many recommended The Night Huntress to me.
As listening to audiobooks make it difficult to go back and reread pages to write my review, you’ll get my “top reasons why you should listen or read this one”! You should read it if you love:
- First the narrator. I am amazed at her English accent LOL . This was the first time that I listened to Tavia Gilbert but she was truly incredible. She brought that book to life and did the sarcasm and banter splendidly.
- If you love kickass female characters you’ll be in heaven! Cat is half human half vampire. She was born from the rape of her mom by a vampire and she’s been on the prowl to decimate vampires since years. Bones’ s training was brutal but efficient;
- You love the “brutal training from a master” trope? You know kind of what we had in “Karate Kid” movie when the pupil has to do everything the teacher is saying. Well with no specific training, only an enhanced strength compared to humans Cat plays bait and kill vampires. Only one day, she’ll be stopped by an older vampire, not so easy to kill. His name is Bone. He’ll train her and let’s just say that it will be brutal! Beaten and concussed to get healed drinking some of his blood. But Cat will do everything as she wants to kill monsters so badly! And Bones is a bounty hunter so they make the perfect pairing.
- The sass and banter. The banter between Cat and Bones was priceless, probably heightened by Bones English accent and expressions. It was delightful to listen to.
- The journey. When we begin the story, Cat sees all vampires as evil. She also considers herself kind of a monster as her mom truly did a number on her. But working with Bones made her realize that, like humans, some vampires were indeed evil but others were …well not so bad after all. From black and white her world vied to all nuances of grey.
- The action and the love story. You’re going to love all the action scenes and if like me, you love romance, you’ll be really happy to see the budding feelings between Cat and Bones. Granted these feelings are complicated and leave Cat in a tangled mess while she struggles to realize that not all vampires are not monsters. Still the romance lover in me really was in heaven. And I loved when Cat was jealous and possessive.
These are my top reasons and honestly, I don’t regret one single minute I took to listen to that one!
Have you read this series? What did you think of it?
Thanks for reading.